The Maintenance Guy

This is the place to share anything you have written.
Keneric
Site Admin

The Maintenance Guy

Post by Keneric »

The normal morning chatter at the Pawsh Studios died when Kevin walked through the doors for the first time in almost eight months. The employees all stopped whatever they were doing, a group of women in white button-downs and black skirts.

It was the voice that grabbed their attention. His booming drawl of, “howdy, ladies,” as he waved with a cheery smile. Then there was the clambering of tools in the big metal box swaying in his grip. Of course they remember me. For a period of three years, this is how they were greeted every Tuesday and Thursday.

Before he got fired, they only ever paid him any attention when it was July and the air conditioner was broken; or when he came in January to fix the heater. It was never much, one or three girls thanking him for saving them from having to make the next episode of their dog cartoon in the sweltering heat.

None of them had any thanks to give that morning. A few shot daggers into him when their brains processed that it was him they were looking at. They never expected to see him again in their lives; they hoped they’d never see him again in their lives.

Somebody needs to get Monica on the phone! Susan’s hand trembled so much she couldn’t hold her cup of coffee.

Lisa wanted to vomit at the sight of his stupid shit-eating grin.

“Go away,” Veronica hissed under her breath.

Clara kept working, the only one in the room. Hasn’t anyone ever seen a guy in overalls and a toolbox before? He’s not even that hot. The air conditioner worked, almost too well as the room felt like a walk-in freezer. What was the need to get excited over the maintenance guy?

What a bunch of drama queens! The incident haunted Kevin’s thoughts to that day, sure. Their lives were still intact while they decimated his.

One of the girls found hidden cameras in the restroom and freaked out. All of them suspected Kevin on the spot. It had to be him, right? No other guys went in there on a regular basis so it had to be him. Right? The old guy who owned the office couldn’t be responsible, he lived across the country. Nobody bought that he slipped them in while he was in town one day, nevermind that he likely hadn’t slept with a woman since before most of the people working there were even born. No, it had to be the guy who fixed everything and already had a beautiful wife.

Monica, the woman running Pawsh, blasted his information all over social media and even contacted his wife. He was fired the next day and Clarissa filed for divorce a week later. Monica refused to drop the issue even after his life was ruined, using fake accounts to stalk and harass him for months on end. He couldn’t go on a single date or find a new job without Monica sending them a nasty essay about how Kevin was a worthless pervert who shouldn’t be allowed within a hundred miles of a woman.

The trial was ongoing, he would’ve known if the jury sided with him in a few months. It didn’t matter, the Pawsh bitches ruined his life without a single shred of evidence. He couldn’t go back to Clarissa even if the court found him innocent. Maybe he could sue his boss and Pawsh? It wouldn’t get his family back and none of the women who accused him aside from Monica would have their lives ruined. If the court found him guilty…

“I think you need to get the fuck out of here right now.” Michelle ran and blocked the restroom door.

“Is that how you greet the people who bust their asses off keeping up the building you make your little dog cartoons in all day?”

“You’re not getting anymore videos of our naked asses you sick fuck,” Jaiden said.

“Can anyone tell me what’s going on?” Clara asked. “Monica will grill our asses if we cause another episode to be delayed because we were all bothering the janitor.”

“Uh … maintenance,” Kevin replied.

“Whatever. Can we get back to work?”

“Not until he leaves,” said Olivia. “That’s Creepy Kevin. Remember? I told you about him?”

“This is him?” Clara asked. “I thought he was older. He smells like I imagined.”

“Dude probably stopped showering after his wife left him. Bet he lives on the streets.”

“What’s he even doing here, then?” Clara asked. “Pretty embarrassing showing up when we all know—”

The force of a sledgehammer slammed into her breast. She looked down at the blood soaking through her shirt and the hole in her chest, whimpering. Every breath burned her lungs and a bitter taste hung to the back of her tongue.

Kevin smirked as the brunette clutched her breast and collapsed. His toolbox laid on the floor and he gripped a 9mm automatic pistol, smoke billowing from the barrel. “Why am I here? To fix your attitudes.”

“She wasn’t even here when all of this started,” Michelle screamed. “You’re fucking crazy, you know—”

Kevin put two slugs in the black girl’s breast. “That’s why I killed her first.”

“I always,” Michelle choked back a clot of blood coming up her throat. “I always thought you were unhinged.”

“Yeah? Spending three months on the streets tends to do that.” He fired another round into her throat and she dropped like a brick. He pumped three more rounds between her breasts. She coughed up blood then slumped back, piss soaking through her skirt.

As the black girl’s final breath left her lips, the other women scrambled to take cover under the nearest desk or chair. Kevin chuckled. Surely with those college degrees a few of them would’ve realized they could rush him and a few would make it out alive? Hell, most of them could’ve made it out. Spending their adult lives making cartoons about dumb cute animals for toddlers must’ve addled their brains.

One of them hadn’t found her hiding spot. Was it Penny or Jenny? It didn’t matter. The Asian backed into a chair, her body trembling, as Kevin approached.

“Please, sir,” she whined. “You can look at my ass and film me taking a piss,” a stream of piss ran down her legs. “You don’t have to kill me, I’ll even give you a blow job. You can fuck me. Didn’t your wife leave you? Why not fuck me and kill the rest?”

Kevin drilled five holes in her chest and she dropped to the floor, squirming as more piss ran out of her skirt. Kevin shoved the gun into her gaping mouth and pulled the trigger.

Veronica screamed as Kevin grabbed the chair she hid under, tossing it aside like it was made of cheap plastic. “I told them we should wait for more evidence. If they listened to me your life would’ve never been ruined.”

“Don’t give me that bullshit. Veronica Johnston, right? You replied to Monica’s post saying how you caught me looking down your shirt a few times.”

“Wha… my last name’s Edwards. Veronica Edwards. Get it right.”

“Like how you got it wrong when you accused me of putting cameras in the restroom?” He pointed the gun at her head.

Click! Click!

“Fuck,” Kevin spat. I should’ve checked the clip after killing my stupid landlord and his family.

Veronica laughed. “What a dumbass! Also, I lied. My name was Johnston last year but it changed when I got married. And don’t lie, you did look at my breasts a few times. Creepy Kevin can’t kill shit with an empty gun.”

“If you weren’t so dumb…” Kevin loaded another clip and shot the laughing blonde in the tit.

“You fucking creep … you would go for the tit.” Veronica dropped to the floor, writhing and clutched her chest.

He placed two in her other breast and ended her groans with a round to the cleavage. “Now that you suggested it…”

“You’re not getting away with this,” Susan said, crawling out from under the desk. “I just got off the phone with Monica, she’ll be here with the police soon.”

“You dumb broad, ya should’ve called the police yourself.” He fired two quick rounds, hitting her in the lower stomach and throat. She collapsed, coughing up blood. “I doubt they’ll get here before I kill all of you, either way.” I might even get a shot or two at Monica before the cops take me down.

Kevin shoved the gun between her breasts. Two shots shredded her heart and silenced her grunts.

“You ladies might just bring yourselves out and get it over with. None of us are leaving this office alive. Why drag this out any longer than it needs to?”

Kevin couldn’t decide if those girls were just too stupid to live or if they thought they could wait it out. The cops would show up in time or he’d forget one or two girls, they might have thought. They would be the lucky ones still alive when it was all over, the ones crying in the interviews when the news teams showed up. They failed to understand, it seemed, how few hiding places there were in that office. There was that room, a few closets, and the restroom. He didn’t see any of the doors open so they all had to be under a desk or chair. It was just a matter of sweeping the room, he could do that in the five or so minutes he had before the cops showed up; that black girl calling her boss might’ve bought him a few extra minutes, though he saw no reason to waste them.

He followed one of the many sobbing voices, so quiet their owners no doubt thought nobody could hear them. Kevin hit the jackpot, the kill that would forever haunt Monica if he never managed to kill her. Crouched behind a desk was her redheaded daughter, Alicia.

Kevin remembered the day Monica introduced him to her last year. Oh how she was proud of her, only just turned nineteen and already working an office job. He thought better than to pop off that she only got the job because her mom ran the studio.

Alicia scrambled to her feet as he turned the corner. “Don’t come any closer!”

“Don’t be shy, Alicia. I just want to have a little word about your mother’s false accusations and the consequences they carried.”

“Mom never lies and I thought you looked like a creep when she told me to say hi to you. Oh, and you smell like you haven’t showered since the Fall of Constantinople.”

“That what?”

“Not a history guy, it seems.”

“Nope. Never imagined someone who wants to make cute animal cartoons being a history nerd, either.”

“The cute animal stuff is Mom’s thing. I’m gonna one day make educational cartoons set in historical times.”

“What’s cute is how you have your life all planned out like that. Must be nice.”

“It took me a long time to figure that out, actually.”

“It took me years to get where I was, too. What me and you have in common is that our goals were cut short by something outside of our control.”

“You ruined your own life, Kevin. You made yourself hide those cameras, you just didn’t plan for there to be any consequences. Did you?”

“I didn’t put—”

“No! You don’t get to feel sorry for yourself. You don’t have the right to come in here and destroy our lives because we didn’t want to let you watch us use the restroom. You’re a grown-ass man who can’t take responsibility—”

Kevin fired two rounds, hitting her in the shoulder and throat. “You would buy your mother’s bullshit claims.”

“You’re not beating the allegations,” Alicia groaned.

“I wouldn’t be doing this if I had.” He fired a round between her breasts and she fell silent.

One of the girls, a brunette with glasses, had enough of a working brain that she decided to creep towards the entrance while the boss’s daughter gave Kevin a lecture. Kathleen reached the door when a bullet went through her back, splattering pieces of her pulverized heart on the wall.

Kelsey heard footsteps approaching. She huddled under the desk. He’s going to pass by! Please let it be quick! Please oh please let him not look under here. He’s going to hear my teeth chattering. How can he not hear my heart beating? It sounds like a fucking drum.

She yelped as something warm touched her leg, looking to see a puddle of piss growing around her. “Fuck,” she spat. It was flowing under the desk, he must’ve seen that. Screaming, Kelsey came out with her hands in the air. “I surrender … go easy on me, I surrender.”

Kevin didn’t feel like mercy just yet so he put two rounds in her right tit and she dropped back into her hiding spot.

“I told you to go easy on me,” she grunted and spat up a clot of blood.

“Nobody ever went easy on me.” He pressed the gun to her forehead and pulled the trigger.

Jaiden had no idea why her arm cramped up in that moment and stifled a squeal when it shot up over the desk as she tried to stretch out. Six gunshots rang out and half of her hand disappeared into a bloody stump. “What the fuck?” She screamed, staggering to her feet.

“Hello there,” Kevin said as he fired four rounds into her chest. The blonde dropped to the floor, blood gushing from her mouth.

Linda hid behind a file cabinet with Isabelle and Olivia, peeking around as she watched her coworkers die one by one. It seemed someone above smiled on them when Kevin ducked under the desk where Jaiden fell. This would’ve been their only chance, she couldn’t risk waiting for the cops any longer.

“Now’s our chance,” she hissed.

“What about the others?” Isabelle whispered.

“There’s nothing more we can do for them.”

Kevin finished off the handless girl with a round to the head when his head turned towards a stampede rushing to the door. Three girls ran out from behind a file cabinet. Their blonde leader took two bullets through the back, blasting a hole between her tits. She crashed against a desk, her breasts heaving for a moment then she slumped over.

A brunette turned and held up her arms. It seemed they didn’t get the message that he wouldn’t grant any one of them mercy. Two bullets to the chest dropped her to the floor.

The last girl, dark hair and ponytail, stopped her mad dash for the door and ran for a table in the corner. She just about made it when Kevin emptied the rest of his clip into her back. She collapsed onto her back, convulsing as blood gushed out of the gaping hole between her tits. Kevin made her lay still with a bullet through the top of her head.

“Why don’t we just come out and get this over? I’ll make it quick if you don’t make me hunt you down. Hide and Seek isn’t really all that fun when you’re confined to a single room, anyways.”

He didn’t expect that to work at all and it wasn’t like he had the time to torture them if he did have to look for them. Kevin wanted this to end almost as much as them. They didn’t need to know that.

Jenna came out first. The black girl jumped when she peered around to see him standing inchest from her hiding space. She crawled out and raised her hands. “Just do it already.”

Kevin reloaded his gun and dropped her with six rounds to the chest.

“I … I have a family,” Anandi said and crawled back to the wall.

“I’m sure they’ll have a lovely funeral for you.” Kevin blasted her between the tits and dropped her like a brick.

He looked under the desk to find an Asian girl trembling.

“Please,” Van Anh squeaked. “I … make it quick … I know I didn’t come out … but have mercy.”

Two bullets to the tits sent her to the floor writhing.

Tsukasa and Lisa were the last to make a run for it. Tsukasa didn’t even make it out from under her desk when a bullet ripped through her breast and lungs, sending her to the floor.

Lisa caught a round in the belly and she crashed to the floor. A round between her tits shredded her heart and she went quiet.

Kevin thought everything was over when police sirens grew louder in the distance. They would come for him now and he couldn’t find anyone else. Tsukasa was still squirming so Kevin put a round in her head and plopped down into the nearest chair.

The door swung open and none other than Monica Woerner entered the room. “Just what the fucking hell, Kevin? I’m ruined! You literally killed all of my…”

“Welcome to my world.”

“You think this is a joke? The police will be here any second now.”

“Yeah? You should’ve waited for them instead of barging in like that.”

A lead barrage ripped across her torso.

“Do you see this? Monica? This is why you don’t accuse people of shit when you have no fucking proof.”

Kevin emptied the clip into her back. The door buckled again as if hammered by a bull. His life was over. Do I suicide by cop or wait it out in jail?
Trish

Re: The Maintenance Guy

Post by Trish »

I was looking over on the phpBB board to see if there was a "like button" extension, apparently that is a more complicated topic than I thought. It makes sense in that if you want a post to retain the number of likes it's going to require some database work to do it. In any case it does exist, and since people are more likely to "like" than comment you might consider adding one. :D

If you want to add some of the AI pictures I generated over on Deadly Relations for this one, feel free.
Keneric
Site Admin

Re: The Maintenance Guy

Post by Keneric »

Trish wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:20 pm I was looking over on the phpBB board to see if there was a "like button" extension, apparently that is a more complicated topic than I thought. It makes sense in that if you want a post to retain the number of likes it's going to require some database work to do it. In any case it does exist, and since people are more likely to "like" than comment you might consider adding one. :D

If you want to add some of the AI pictures I generated over on Deadly Relations for this one, feel free.
I'll look into adding a like button at some point.